Information about Standardized Testing
- ACT - All Juniors at CHS will take this test in the Spring.
- The North Carolina Department of Public Instruction has entered into a partnership with ACT, a 51–year old not-for-profit organization that provides educational assessment, research, information, and program management services. North Carolina 11th graders will take the ACT® test. Read more about the ACT in North Carolina.
- The ACT® college readiness assessment is a curriculum- and standards-based educational and career planning tool that assesses students' academic readiness for college. Read more about the ACT.
- SAT - Students must register and pay for this test. CHS offers an SAT-prep course. Contact Ms. Bowles for more information.
- The SAT is a globally recognized college admission test. The SAT tests knowledge of reading, writing and math — subjects that are taught every day in high school classrooms. Most students take the SAT during their junior or senior year of high school, and almost all colleges and universities use the SAT to make admission decisions. Read more about the SAT.
- NC Final Exam - All English III students will take a Final Exam at the end of their English III course.